Brazed Carbide Hole Saws

MrWhoopee

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Producing large holes is always time consuming. I just became aware of these sets.

1560523516726.png

These are stunningly cheap for cutters of this size, the largest is 65 mm (2.56 in.). It would cost more than the set to produce one hole of that size.
Placing my order now.

With the size of the cutting tips I would think it would take a fair amount of HP to cut through anything but plastic or aluminum.

I really want one set. Very good price and if I ever need it, it would be very rewarding.

But I have been spending on tools so much lately. I am currently looking at a boring head that goes for about $40, which I then also need a NT40 or CAT 40 with matching thread to work.

I have some tools like that make by Klein that I've had for a few years. They're very good tools which
bore accurate sized holes. I use them in my drill press at the lowest RPM since I don't own a mill.
Mine work fine in steel.

I have those from eBay, or at least something very similar. They are so far indestructible but very aggressive. I have pretty much relegated them to drill press work with a properly clamped job.

My go to method for moderately large holes these days is a giant step drill. This is despite having a 1 horsepower drill press and some nice big Morse taper drills. Of course step drills have significant depth limitations.

Back