[4]

Bridgeport CNC with Masso Controller/Clearpath

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
If my other vehicle gets stolen it won't have a battery in it and I'll know for a fact that it was a tow truck.....

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
That sucks about your van, what kind of tools did you loose?

I have a bunch of stuff in storage up here left over from closing my power equipment shop. If there's anything you need that I have I'll make you a heck of a deal.

Nice work on the conversion BTW:encourage:

John

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
That sucks about your van, what kind of tools did you loose?

I have a bunch of stuff in storage up here left over from closing my power equipment shop. If there's anything you need that I have I'll make you a heck of a deal.

Nice work on the conversion BTW:encourage:

John
I lost a huge set of cordless ryobi tools, a bunch of Fluke cable testers and toners, Fluke butt set, IP Camera Tester, a fiberglass fish tape, 22ft little giant ladder, 10ft step ladder, 6ft step ladder, $200 in fish rods, corded hammer drill, 6ft masonry drills, 2 Metabo angle grinders..... way to much to list it all.... Thanks for the offer....

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
I lost a huge set of cordless ryobi tools, a bunch of Fluke cable testers and toners, Fluke butt set, IP Camera Tester, a fiberglass fish tape, 22ft little giant ladder, 10ft step ladder, 6ft step ladder, $200 in fish rods, corded hammer drill, 6ft masonry drills, 2 Metabo angle grinders..... way to much to list it all.... Thanks for the offer....
Sounds like you do similar work to what I do now, I do networks for conferences so cable testers, toners and the like are still in my need to have pile. I hope to have a guy coming to buy a bunch of my go kart stuff this week and will be able to better see what I have in the way of excess tools. Will keep in touch.

John

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Sounds like you do similar work to what I do now, I do networks for conferences so cable testers, toners and the like are still in my need to have pile. I hope to have a guy coming to buy a bunch of my go kart stuff this week and will be able to better see what I have in the way of excess tools. Will keep in touch.

John
I install commercial security systems, CCTV, alarms, card access, all hardwired.... But now I'm working for a locksmith company that also does card access and CCTV....

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Finally some progress on this project!

I had to make another bearing cap for the X axis on the side with hand wheel still, If I turned the screw from the servo side it would push out the bearing and thread the screw out of the yoke.... Now with the new cap installed I can move the X axis without any issues.....

I made one of these but from the only thing I could find in the shop big enough 4140 scrap steel I got for free.....(This is not a picture of the part I made, I forgot to take a picture.)
20180706_223158.jpeg20180706_223206.jpeg

20180919_042719.jpg

All the the red circles have these caps the yellow circle on my machine does not have this cap or holes to install one so I had to drill and tap 1/4-20 hole in the cast iron.....
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
I have the Z axis servo mounted and with the 5:1 gearbox it has move then enough toque to lift the very heavy Bridgeport knee.... I am trying to calibrate the servos with the MSP software but I am having some problems with it. I have called Teknic support and those guys are awesome, really great people to talk to.... He gave me some ideas that I needed for troubleshooting, I am going to try some more tonight.

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
WOOOHOOO!!!!!!

The Z axis and the X axis are now calibrated, I had to try 5 different USB cables but I finally got it to work..... Now I need to make parts for the Y axis, run auto-tune on it and then calibrate the Masso controller, and make some mounts for npn stop switches.....

I'm getting really close to being able to run g-code on my 1960 J-Head lol.....

Last edited:

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
I am having a ton of fun with the Y axis, I need to make a spacer for the lead screw so it stops threading into the yoke and pushes the table instead....

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Here is my solution for the Y axis issues.....

This is my lovejoy coupler pressed into a piece of aluminum with an 1/8" keyway on the other side, next is a steel spacer and then an 863 Bronze thrust washer....
20190817_125130.jpg20190817_125147.jpg

Bronze washer goes against the bearing
20190817_125204.jpg

And then the spacer
1566061933858.jpeg

and the lovejoy on the end...
1566061966615.jpeg

Last edited:

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
The Y axis servo is mounted and auto-tune is running.....

20190817_132621.jpg

Edit:

This is by far the most frustrating part of this whole build....

Last edited:

Cooter Brown

863 Bronze
Finally got the Y axis to finish auto-tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to go to walmart and buy the most expensive USB-A to USB-Mirco cable on the shelf $17 but it got the job done......

No longer need this laptop in my way..... :cool:

Working on the wiring and the NPN stops now.....

I'm hoping to be running g-code without a tool in the spindle by the midnight.....

Last edited:

BGHansen

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Finally got the Y axis to finish auto-tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to go to walmart and buy the most expensive USB-A to USB-Mirco cable on the shelf $17 but it got the job done......

No longer need this laptop in my way..... :cool:

Working on the wiring and the NPN stops now.....

I'm hoping to be running g-code without a tool in the spindle by the midnight.....
Great to hear! The perverbial light at the end of the tunnel!

Bruce

[5] [7]