Bridgeport CNC with Masso Controller/Clearpath

This is going to be my first CNC build and my First build log. I've decided that a build log on this forum might be a good idea for this project so the next guy to take on this project doesn't have to deal with the stupid stuff I'm already running into.

This is my Masso Controller
GetFileAttachment.jpg
I will be using 3 Clearpath Stepper Killer servos model# CPM-SDSK-3432S-RLN
20180629_203142.jpeg
They are a little over 6" long...
20180629_203333.jpeg
almost 3.5"
20180629_203240.jpeg
1/2" shaft with a 3/16" keyway
20180629_202811.jpeg
I will be using Teknic's IPC-5 75VDC power supply
20180629_202938.jpeg
20180629_202907.jpeg
But before you can wire up you Masso controller you have to power up the Clearpath servos and plug them in to a PC with the ClearPath USB-B cable and it absolutely has to be their cable I've already tried 5 others, now I'm waiting for UPS to deliver a "Teknic Certified" USB cable. Very Lame....
Capture.JPG
Their program will not see my servos without the "Teknic Certified" USB cable...

Edit: Almost any USB cable will work.... lol

Last edited:
I'm having an awesome issue right now, I cant get the servos to connect to my Win7 laptop so I can calibrate them. The drivers won't install no matter what I do and Teknic support hasn't replied yet.....

Teknic just got back to me there is an installer for the drivers, it comes with the Clearpath MSP software.....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Teknic\ClearPath MSP\ClearPath Port Driver Install.exe

and nothing they told me to do works.....

Last edited:
Teknic responded again..... Told me to change settings on my computer that are already set that way, no progress whatsoever..... It almost seems like they don't want to send me the driver file so I can install them manually..... They are acting like it would be too much for me to handle on my own....

Going to see if they have a phone number.....

After jumping through hoops I finally have the drivers in a zip file from Teknic..... :cool:

edit:

Still not working but Teknic is helping me....

Last edited:
I finally back in the shop working on this project..... I'm have to make a plate to mount the gearbox to the servo mount that is on the knee.... Going to rough cut the plate to size and chuck it up in the 4 jaw for the big hole....

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
I finally back in the shop working on this project..... I'm have to have a plate to mount the gearbox to the the servo mount that in on the knee.... Going to rough cut the plate the size and chuck it up in the 4 jaw for the big hole....

View attachment 280734
You're going to LOVE having the CNC when you are done. I used to chuck up on the lathe to bore out a hole like in your part, or peck away with a boring head on the mill. Now it's a simple CNC mill job.

Bruce

Back