• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[4]

bridgeport colum extender

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Inflight

Active User
I have had the need for a riser in the past when I was boring an engine's cylinder and another time when I used a rather large angle plate fixture in combination with a rotary table. So, if I were you, I'd hang on to it.....or, you could ship it to California for me.

Matt

Tony Wells

Former Vice President - Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Administrator
I agree. Hang onto it. I lost one to the scrapper because some nitwit didn't know or ask what it was. Figured it was a scrap part I guess. When you need one, there are no substitutes.

seasicksteve

Ive been looking for a decent riser for a while. Shoot me a PM if you want to part with yours.

seasicksteve

I have a Kennametal QC toolholder for my spindle but it sucks up about 3-4" of z so it spends most of the time on the shelf. Riser is almost required to utilize it

terryw123

Ok, thanks for all the advise. I'll hang on to it, but I'll never use it. I took it out when I bought the mill because I had to have the bed/table so high for anything I did.

RonRock

My BP has a 7" riser. I have to stand on a step to be comfortable with most of the work I've done so far. I'm considering removing the riser, but 2 days after I do that something will come around and I'll need it.

Silverbullet

YUPP there's an angle plate for there rotary table for under $20. On craigslist too. 18" four jaw in great condition for $75.00 .yesterday I found an atlas shaper for $500. With stand

[6]
[5] [7]