bridgeport colum extender

I have had the need for a riser in the past when I was boring an engine's cylinder and another time when I used a rather large angle plate fixture in combination with a rotary table. So, if I were you, I'd hang on to it.....or, you could ship it to California for me.

Matt

I agree. Hang onto it. I lost one to the scrapper because some nitwit didn't know or ask what it was. Figured it was a scrap part I guess. When you need one, there are no substitutes.

Ive been looking for a decent riser for a while. Shoot me a PM if you want to part with yours.

I have a Kennametal QC toolholder for my spindle but it sucks up about 3-4" of z so it spends most of the time on the shelf. Riser is almost required to utilize it

Ok, thanks for all the advise. I'll hang on to it, but I'll never use it. I took it out when I bought the mill because I had to have the bed/table so high for anything I did.

My BP has a 7" riser. I have to stand on a step to be comfortable with most of the work I've done so far. I'm considering removing the riser, but 2 days after I do that something will come around and I'll need it.

YUPP there's an angle plate for there rotary table for under $20. On craigslist too. 18" four jaw in great condition for $75.00 .yesterday I found an atlas shaper for $500. With stand

Back