Bridgeport fine feed wheel?????

Mike8623

Registered
Registered
OK guys got a 2hp j head bridgeport. My question is what holds the fine feed wheel on the machine. There is a pin on the wheel which engages into a hole so the wheel can function but what keeps it on the machine from falling off, surely bridgeport had some type of nut or something to keep in on the mill.

OK guys got a 2hp j head bridgeport. My question is what holds the fine feed wheel on the machine. There is a pin on the wheel which engages into a hole so the wheel can function but what keeps it on the machine from falling off, surely bridgeport had some type of nut or something to keep in on the mill.

Nothing on mine. The hand wheel just slides on there. It's fallen out on me, once or twice, if theres too much vibration.

Marcel

I don't recall anything holding it on. We used to drill and tap a 10-32 hole in the center and use a washer and allen head if we used it that often.
dickr

The shaft is tapped on the end for a feed reverse knob. But I can't remember if the hand wheel slips over it or if it stops the wheel from coming off :dunno:

Re: Bridgeport fine feed wheel????? QUICK PREVIEW OF ''THE PARTS BOOK'' % BRIDGEPORT

CHUCK--attached is a picture of the parts in your quill housing. as others have noted --don't see any hardware holding wheel in place. by nature they are removed and ''lost'' somewhere in the shop-lol. they just seem to disappear. i did not get one with my old b.p. and would really like to have one. anyway here is parts breakdown --sure hope it helps u and others. re steve in mt.

Attachments

• QUILL HOUSING PARTS.pdf
    754.4 KB · Views: 91
In most machine shops those fine feed wheels are nowhere to be found. They fall off and break or just plain vanish. Maybe you should lock yours up in a safe deposit box in the bank :)

The fine feed wheel is available on ebay. My BP did not come with one either. They are new for about $50, it fit perfectly.

Re: Bridgeport fine feed wheel????? QUICK PREVIEW OF ''THE PARTS BOOK'' % BRIDGEPORT

CHUCK--attached is a picture of the parts in your quill housing. as others have noted --don't see any hardware holding wheel in place. by nature they are removed and ''lost'' somewhere in the shop-lol. they just seem to disappear. i did not get one with my old b.p. and would really like to have one. anyway here is parts breakdown --sure hope it helps u and others. re steve in mt.

My fine feed wheel is held on with that knurled screw deal. You have to remove it to remove the wheel. The wheel will not slide over this part. Or at least thats how it came to me. Soon as my phone charges I will take a pic

This piece holds my wheel on http://www.icai-online.com/feed-reverse-knob-assy.html

Back