Bridgeport leveling

It would be good to include leveling screws in the steel pucks which should be welded to the 2" tubing. I would then bolt the tubing to the base so things are ridged and the machine can't bounce around. I know what you mean by operating and a sore back. Raise it more if you can. Get a step stool to reach the drawbar. I rely on a level table in many of my setups.

A friend tapped the hold down bolt holes to 3/4 NC, made screws to fit and fastened padded pucks to the bottom of them, made a very neat installation.

It would be good to include leveling screws in the steel pucks which should be welded to the 2" tubing. I would then bolt the tubing to the base so things are ridged and the machine can't bounce around. I know what you mean by operating and a sore back. Raise it more if you can. Get a step stool to reach the drawbar. I rely on a level table in many of my setups.

That is my plan, only I'm gonna capture the hockey pucks inside some 3" id pipe (about half the height of the puck), weld on a plate and leveling screws going thru the square tubing.
Thanks
Chuck

Back