Bridgeport Mill Clone - Installing Powerfeeds on 3 Axes and also DRO's

Scott(GA)

Registered
Registered
I have a JET Variable Speed Milling Machine (JTM-4VS-1). I would like to install Powerfeeds on all axes as well as DRO's.

Research of installation manuals seems to indicate potential conflict with the Y-Axis DRO & Powerfeed Limit Switch mechanism.

I have a One-Shot Oiler on the left side of the machine (Operator's viewpoint) that would seem to eliminate either of the above devices on that side but...

Can anyone with DRO's and Powerfeeds provide pictures of how their machine is set up?

Thanks!

Scott

I would install it under the DRO scale, probably use the same bracket to mount the switch. Also you do not need to use their clunky stop channels for the end stops. I used some 8020 aluminum extrusion, see below. It is also possible to mount the stop rail on the oiler side and suspend it far enough out so it does not interfere with the oil line.
20161128_081435.jpgY and Z axis.jpg
Y and Z axis 2.jpg

We have one at work. The limit switch is mounted where mksj's dro scale is and the dro scale is below that.

I would install it under the DRO scale, probably use the same bracket to mount the switch. Also you do not need to use their clunky stop channels for the end stops. I used some 8020 aluminum extrusion, see below. It is also possible to mount the stop rail on the oiler side and suspend it far enough out so it does not interfere with the oil line.

View attachment 266536

Is the Y-Axis Powerfeed Limit Switch Assembly in this picture?

I see what I believe is the DRO encoder - or at least the encoder's shield - but I'm not seeing the Powerfeed Limit Switch Assembly.

Best regards,

Scott

He doesn't have a y power feed on that. I will try to remember to snap a pic of the one at work tomorrow.
The video does show a limit switch and dro scale on the y axes.

Last edited:
I only have the x axis on my mill. I’d suggest instead of installing a feed unit use one the knee lifts with a cordless drill. I actually made mine up attached is the videos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back