Bridgeport Model "dro Display" Questions

I folks I think it is all there, you may have to organize it a bit, even pages are first and the odd pages are the last half. I believe if you print it all you will have the entire manual

OK folks here we go. I've never done this before but I have scanned the "Installation Manual, Bridgeport Digital Readout System, Rear Mounted Thin Line Transducer" by Bridgeport Textron 1982 into my computer and will try to attach it to this message. It is quite long and I am not very computer literate. This is a manual that you don't just find everyday and I believe would be of interest to this forum. If someone can take this and zip it or make it more easier to assemble and or move it to a more appropriate location, PLease do.

Thanks for sharing that Mike!

Mike thanks for the Installation manual. I have a copy of the Operation manual for our Bridgeport Textron DRO. A good fella gave it to me and I'm sure he would like it shared.

Been all over the place trying to keep my DRO working. Replaced one of the tiny LED's in a scale, re-glued the glass square in the scale pickup, needed a new 5 volt reg in the power supply and had to replace the 300v supply ($100) for the display. Works real good (hope it stays that way) ------ just takes a few seconds to warm up. Thing is sure built nice, almost mil-spec.

Interestingly I mounted the X axis scale on the front of the table. I guess it was easier to mount/adjust and didn't limit the Y travel.

Please feel free to share your experiences with these DRO's guys!

Guess I need 3 posts before I can add links (files?) to a post. Will pass along the Operation manual once I get there.

A 6" vise is overkill for a RF45 style mill. A 4" is more appropiate for that size mill & IMO 5" max. I have a 5" GMT vise on my PM45 & it's slightly too big. Not enough Y axis travel to make use of the 5" full capacity. Better to save your money rather than getting something too big & most importantly the weight. I take my vise of the table quite often, a 6" is still light enough for me to be carried by hand but I'm glad I have a 5". I also have a 4" vise as well. I prefer the 5" though.

But those GMT 6" Premium vises are pretty nice. I'd love to have one but don't need one on my current mill. But if you plan on upgrading to a full size knee mill in the future than the 6" will be perfect.

Here's what the 5" looks like on my mill.
Img_1921.jpg

I couldn't even complete this cut without my bellows & DRO scale getting in the way. Not enough Y travel & the 5" vise is not even maxed out.
Img_7597_zpscb8b5dd7.jpg

Here's what a 6" vise looks like on another PM45 (gt40's)
View attachment 253544

Mike thanks for the Installation manual. I have a copy of the Operation manual for our Bridgeport Textron DRO. A good fella gave it to me and I'm sure he would like it shared.

Been all over the place trying to keep my DRO working. Replaced one of the tiny LED's in a scale, re-glued the glass square in the scale pickup, needed a new 5 volt reg in the power supply and had to replace the 300v supply ($100) for the display. Works real good (hope it stays that way) ------ just takes a few seconds to warm up. Thing is sure built nice, almost mil-spec.

Interestingly I mounted the X axis scale on the front of the table. I guess it was easier to mount/adjust and didn't limit the Y travel.

Please feel free to share your experiences with these DRO's guys!

Guess I need 3 posts before I can add links (files?) to a post. Will pass along the Operation manual once I get there.
Many thanks, I came to this site a few weeks ago looking for this information. I bookmarked the thread and I come back to this being posted with *Outer Limits* soundtrack playing in the background. :alien:

Back