Bridgeport Model "e" Shaper Or Slotting Attachment?

600W wasn't the weight of the oil, it was a marketing ploy by Ford Motor Company. I'm betting this stuff will do everything you need....

600 weight steam oil equals 140 weight gear lube. I researched this for my VN mill, and found the info online somewhere.

Jason

These products don't have EP (extreme pressure) additives that break down brass bushings/parts? You run them in your Bridgeport E heads?

GG

Do you also use it in the side oiler cup? I have the operators manual on file but am having trouble finding it.

edit mobil vactra a way oil for side oiler, is southbend oil ok?

Last edited:
The side oiler cup uses way oil from what I've read. That lubricates the ram. The 600w is for the worm gear and crank case. I found a Lubriplate dealer not far from me, and will call them tomorrow to see if I can buy a quart of #8. Everyplace online lists it for sale by the case for $165 to $180. That is several lifetimes worth for one machine.

GG

Just found manual, side oiler uses mobile vactra like southbend way oil, thick,sticky

Good news! Today I contacted Motion Industries in Elgin, IL. They are listed as a Lubriplate dealer in our area. They didn't have Lubriplate No 8 in stock, but they ordered me a quart from Chicago, and said it should be here on Monday. Cost is about $17. Thank you to Quattroclick for the pointer to Lubriplate No 8! :grin:

GG

Back