Bridgeport motor ID

Joe, those are the actual ones I was looking at. Nothing set in stone though. I have heard of people using the original drum switch as an input to switch from forward to reverse. If that is possible, I won't need the higher end models.

Mike, I also lean towards overbuilt. I didn't know that applied with vfd's though. I figure it's probably a 1hp. If it is, I was leaning towards a110v input 220v 3phase output model. That's assuming I can use my drum switch for reverse. If the vfd will work better/longer/with less stress I would rather go heavier than the minimum.

Mike, I also lean towards overbuilt. I didn't know that applied with vfd's though. I figure it's probably a 1hp. If it is, I was leaning towards a110v input 220v 3phase output model. That's assuming I can use my drum switch for reverse. If the vfd will work better/longer/with less stress I would rather go heavier than the minimum.

rule 1: i always over rate
rule 2 : see rule 1
but seriously, it depends on your usage. if your're gonna work the snot out of it go heavier, if not don't worry a lighter one will work.
you will not need a drum switch with a VFD, you can change directions with the push of a button or screen.
i would always recommend using a 220v single phase input for 220v 3 phase out. the reason being no voltage step up, the VFD can easily add the third leg, the 115 v unit has to step up the voltage to 220 v normalize the voltage then derive the third leg simultaneously. as you see the 115v in/220 3phase out VFD has to work harder, generating more heat, electrical noise , and being less efficient= costing more for each minute of operation.

the choice is yours, both will work!
mike:))

You do not "need" to overrate with a VFD, you can-but you dont "need" to.
You can certainly use the drum switch to control the VFD, and add a speed pot as well that way you can mounts the VFD out of the way and use the machines intended controls.

I'll need some help with wiring those inputs, but it sounds like a good idea. When you wire up a 220v input vfd does it take just the two 110v hot legs, or do you use the neutral also? Also still holding out hope someone might recognize this motor.

Hi Lee some where on utube there is an excellent presentation on this explaining where and what and
how nine wires should be. this is a high quality vido. Im running a heavy static phase and I know
all the bad raps they get but I cant tell the difference I cant feel any 2/3 power loss. Except the main
motor must be on in order to turn on any other feeds or pumps. So on utube maybe try 3ph motors
or wiring. It shows where wires go with out wire labels or colors. good luck

I'll need some help with wiring those inputs, but it sounds like a good idea. When you wire up a 220v input vfd does it take just the two 110v hot legs, or do you use the neutral also? Also still holding out hope someone might recognize this motor.

the voltage between two hot legs adds up to be 220 v, usually red and black wires, neutral is not used for input.
the potentiometer for speed control is pretty easy to wire in, as is the drum switch.
mike:))

Mike, So I can run regular 12-2 w/ ground from the breaker and use the white wire as a hot wire instead of a neutral?

You're not talking about going right from your breaker panel into the VFD are you?
Do you have a regular 220V outlet near the mill?

You're not talking about going right from your breaker panel into the VFD are you?
Do you have a regular 220V outlet near the mill?
no I don't have outlet. Yes pretty much straight. Maybe a switch in between if I need to

Back