Bridgeport Power feed on an RF-30 clone

DavidR8

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I adapted a Bridgeport style Y-axis power feed unit to my RF30 style mill.
Originally I planned to put the unit on the right end of the table but I discovered that the ring gear fit perfectly over the end of the lead screw on the left side of the table.
So I changed the plan and mounted the it horizontally instead of vertically.
I bored out the round adapter so that it fit perfectly over the boss of the mounting plate that holds the lead screw.
The photo below is just a test to make sure that there wasn’t so much draft on the casting that it would prevent a good fit. I later parted it off where the outside step is in the photo.
2c9092a4357ba6bca1bdd0d194ab8735.jpg

There were three holes to mount the ring to the machine and two tapped holes to mount the unit to the ring.
I fussed around till I found a combination that held the unit in the right position, had two holes into the table casting, and two of the myriad of mounting holes in the casting of the drive unit.
Fortunately such a combination existed and it went on perfectly.
1eacc1220d6e95240ffc915ed026ca57.jpg

I parted off the part of the gear that was unnecessary.
cef8bcce25f3757b26805e50125031b7.jpg

71ccaf4637e7085c097ee8f5e75f52e7.jpg

And 3D printed a cover so that chips and what not wouldn’t make their way into the gear.
0eccb9f6364af00dc325ce3da687a6f7.jpg

For reference the unit extend 6.5" past the end of the table. The old handle extended another inch or so.

Last edited:
Nice!

X-axis you mean....

Do you have a link for that power feed?

Nice job Dave.
I do have to say you have quite the stones there. No silly, not those, the stones on the tray. Good luck stones maybe? If that is the case, I could use a few around my shop!

Nice!

X-axis you mean....

Do you have a link for that power feed?

It’s on the X-axis now but it’s meant for the Y-axis of a Bridgeport.
I got it here:

Last edited:
Nice job Dave.
I do have to say you have quite the stones there. No silly, not those, the stones on the tray. Good luck stones maybe? If that is the case, I could use a few around my shop!

Hahaha, I wondered if someone might say something about them.
My mill is beside the garage overhead door and those stones came in a load of gravel so I pulled them out and just stuck them on the shelf.

so I pulled them out and just stuck them on the shelf.

And I thought I was a hoarder! :)

And I thought I was a hoarder! :)

What I should have done was throw them in the dry creek bed we have. About 10 ft from the mill. Doh!

Just throw them at people who come in bug you while your trying to measure something

Here's a clip of the power feed, well feeding I suppose.

I like it Dave.
I had never heard of that company where you bought it from. I would love to have one on my 833T's X-axis. Tired of cranking.

Back