Bridgeport power feed

Sonora

Registered
Registered
I bought my bridgeport with factory power feeds attatched. The X axis feed kind of worked, but smoked (i am assuming a motor rebuild), but after looking at the cost to refurbish the power feed if it needed new board, etc..., I decided to buy an aftermarket unit to replace it. After receiving the unit, I removed the factory unit and the lead screw does not come all the way to the edge of the table. It is short and attaches to the shaft on the power feed via an adapter sleeve. I thought of removing the shaft from the factory power feed and reattaching it to the lead screw, but this would leave the shaft way to long. I am assuming that there were two shafts that were available to attache to the the lead screw, one long for the power feed, and one short if no power feed was used. Is that correct? If it is, where would I get a short shaft? I suppose I could make one if I had one to get measurements off of.

Also, I was planning on removing the factory Y axis power feed (it definately does not work - board is missing, and loose wires) and not putting on another, but I am assuming that I will run into the same problem with that as well. Correct?

My thoughts are to rebuild the X axis feed and put it on and use the aftermarket unit on the Y axis, or to sell either the Bridgeport or the aftermarket unit and not have one on the Y axis.

I am a newbie, so any information and/or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Back