Bridgeport Resto

I also haven't removed the table yet, am I supposed to remove the gib or just loosen it before sliding the table off? I have read it being done both ways?

You might want to remove it. If you don't, it will just fall out when the table comes off and it could be damaged. Only takes a couple of minutes to pull it out.

Looks like your having the same problem with pics that I have. The show up rotated. The only way I've found to fix that is to open them, rotate them 90 deg, save it, and then rotate back and save again. Then I can upload them.

It works, not sure why I have to do that though.

You might want to remove it. If you don't, it will just fall out when the table comes off and it could be damaged. Only takes a couple of minutes to pull it out.

Thanks Jim I figured as much, I will remove it first

Looks like your having the same problem with pics that I have. The show up rotated. The only way I've found to fix that is to open them, rotate them 90 deg, save it, and then rotate back and save again. Then I can upload them.

It works, not sure why I have to do that though.

Yea I don't know why it was doing that, I rotated like you said and it seemed to work now so I was able to fix the images.

Here are a couple of pics of the belt drive. We decided to tear the head completely apart. The head was full of grease and every time we moved it water poured out of it.

If you need more pics Jim can get them for you. It was late last night when we got it apart and I had to head home. I get up pretty early for work.

20151025_155709.jpg 20151025_1841952.jpg

Thanks for sharing @alloy, I had something similar pictured in my head.
is there any kind of belt tensioner?
Interest the head was full of water :confused: thats a little strange. ha maybe it was water cooled lol

No tensioner, just the slotted base on the motor. Uses an AX31 belt.

Then head was under a canopy at the auction when we saw it, but it must have been out somewhere before that. Guess it needed cooling off because it was such a hot deal for me :)

Got the table off the mill last night, pretty easy to do however I knew it was going to be heavy but it was even heavier then I thought it would be. I removed the gib and slid the table onto some milk crates and 6x6s that were at the same height, that wasn't too bad but then I flipped it over and that's when I found out just how heavy that sucker was lol.
20151026_193610.jpg

20151026_211906.jpg 20151026_211916.jpg 20151026_211926.jpg

You might want to take a look at the casting around the Y axis table lock on the saddle. It's pretty thin there. On mine there were several cracks where someone over tightened it. I thought about trying to get it welded, but came up with a repair that didn't require any welding.

Your table ways look good, but the saddle ways are heavily worn. Looks likes some scraping work ahead of you there.

BTW-Can't help but notice the lawn mower in the back ground in your picture. You mow your yard with that?

Back