Bridgeport Rotary Table - Oiling and Manual

dansawyer

Registered
Registered
I just purchased a Bridgeport 12 inch rotary table. It appears to be in relatively good shape.
Question 1: In a 2015 thread someone had a manual and was able to forward it. If anyone has a manual can they point me to a copy or forward one?
Question 2. Oil for these appears to be critical. Am I correct that the rotating table and cast base make a 'way' surface? If so how is this lubricated?
Question 3. What is the correct type of oil?
Questoin 4. Where is the hole for adding oil?
Question 5. One post referred to a dip stick. Is there a dip stick? Where is this?
Thank you in advance, Dan

Here is a manual for 4-6-8-&10" models. Hope this will be of some use to you. I am looking for a manual for a 15" in case you run across one.

Attachments

• sb1363 rotary table_owners__manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 49
The gear engage lever / backlash adjustment does not support backing off to the point were the movement is free. If I loosen the lever just a minute amount the table rotation is 'normal'. I define normal as about the resistance of the compound or crossfeed on a lathe. If I move the lever against the stop then them movement feels bound up; there is too much resistance.
There is a stop on the lever. The stop has slots that allow adjustment. Should I readjsut the stop just enough to allow free movement and then adjust the backlash witth the handle?

The adjustment of the engagement arm stop worked.
I am not clear if the spring loaded knob actually has any function.

Back