BRIDGEPORT TABLE BIND

Look at part 27 on photo below drawing...scroll down....https://www.machinerypartsdepot.com/store/1478157/page/549847

In the photo it looks like there is a crack from the corner of the notch for the gib screw. I also question the width of the slot. It looks wide enough to let the gib float.

Hi
I see what you are talking about. Ill take a closer look soon. The mill has been transferred to our new shop and has not been unpacked. As soon as I can get to it, Ill look at all your suggestions and post more pics. Thanks to you all!
Dave
SOFL

OK!! Here are a few pics of the table gib. The crack is not a crack all the way through. It is a gouge and does not extend in any direction. The one crack looking crease inside the notch (w Red arrow) is NOT a crack extension. Just oily and shiny. The surfaces both front and back do not appear to have any undue wear marks or uneven surfaces along the length.gib1.JPGgib2.JPGgib4-1.pnggib6.JPG

Ill be taking the table off tomorrow. What should I be looking for and taking pictures of?
Thanks again
Dave
SOFL

From the back side of the gib it looks like some one and not the factory worked on the machine. The gib looks like that same Premitive Pete did. The S shaped grooves are oil grooves original. The gib screw gib notch is screwed up and so is the machine. I am going to stop answering questions until you show the whole machine. If you take pictures how about before and after you clean up the saddle, where the gib goes, the opposite side of the gib, the top and bottom saddle...top of knee, and put your camera setting on small pixels and take pictures so we can see the whole machine and not close ups.

around 2 min

Greetings All
OK!
I may have discovered the "bind" problem! When I removed the table today, I discovered the TABLE LOCK PLUNGER was sticking out into the gib slot about 3/8 of an inch! I was stuck in that position and had to be tapped out with a drift pin. I found that the blunt end had a significant flange on it and was preventing any movement in or out of the hole. The flange was similar to that which you get on the blunt end of a cold chisel after many strikes with a hammer. I have ordered a new one. I also took multiple pics of the mill and the table and the saddle as had been asked for. I wont bother you with them now as I think the problem has been solved. If not, I'll post them at a later date. BTW, there are no significant or obvious wear areas on any of the sliding surfaces of either the saddle or the table bottom. I have included one pic of the worn out plunger.
Again thank you for your time.
Dave
table lock peg.jpeg

Back