Bridgeport with EZ Trak

olddog

Registered
Registered
I am going to look at a Bridgeport mill with EZ Trak with chrome ways and wondering what I need to do to check things out. How do I best check out the EZ Trak etc.? I have used a manual BP before but not one with EZ Trak. Any advice would be appreciated. Also if anyone has an opinion on the EZ Trak system please chime in.

We had a couple of Bridgeport’s with protoTRAK (which I assume is similar) at my last company. I would have them run a quick program that covers the full range of travel in each axis and at different speeds. I’d also make sure all the keys work, etc.

We have one of these in the prototype shop at work. I agree, the easiest way to test to EasyTRAK would be to have it move the table back and forth and maybe run through some of the menus to make sure the keys work, especially '+' and 'Enter' (the two big green ones)

The EasyTrak is a nice setup and pretty easy to program. I haven't done too much milling with it, but it is really great for doing hole patterns. you can pretty easily set up a bunch of holes and then just run the program for each tool. Just make sure to retract the drill before moving to the next hole (don't ask how I learned this :) )

Back