Brightest ceiling shop lights

The 3 original fixtures were each plugged into its own outlet right above. The LEDs are in 3 sets plugged in to those outlets and controlled by the circuit breakers and daisy chained where necessary

Overall lighting is good, but I think placement of lights is even better. A couple of 4 footers are above my workbench. On the mill are a pair of flexible LED goosenecks. The lathe has a 18" GE daylight LED above it. Both the mill and the lathe are wired with a fused main switch in its own box on the right of the machine. When I turn on the main switch, the light turns on above the machine and power is sent to the machine's magnetic on/off switch. The machine switch is on the left and the main is on the right. So in an emergency, which ever hand is free I can shut the machine down. Also if the power goes off and then back on. Machine stays off, lights back on. One another thing is that there are at least two plug ins on the box. The machines ac cord is plugged into the box. Makes it nice when ever I have to work on the machine because it is so easy to unplug it.

Dec - June, finally got one converted.
Picked up a couple of sets from H-D. -=- LINK -=-
2000 Lumens, 6500K and frosted.
Converting the old W-E fixtures was a breeze. After I got it on the bench... The entire fixture can be dis-assembled.
The odd style tombstone sockets came out and had screw terminals on them.
A tad brighter than another that I had converted to T8 a couple of years ago.

0604201837__R.jpg...0604201844__R.jpg...0604201845__R.jpg...0604202114_HDR__R.jpg
Need to attempt to get a better exposure on the last pict.

Have put up three the past couple of months. Here's a bit of a review.
0729201422a_Rc.jpg
The 'Toggled' I put in the fixture in the preceding post. Nice and very bright.
The Braun I put up above my tool boxes, and it is good and bright and a bit 'softer' & easier on the eyes. I have this one on the majority of the time I'm in the shop.
The Hyper Tough, isn't that good. Harsh light, flickers, and the strips are still 'glowing' hours after turning them off. I believe I'll be moving this into the basement.

I still have two more Toggled's to retro-fit.

Back