British Association Taps

oldboy1950

Registered
Registered
i just started working on a Stuart #1 steam model and i need 2ba, 4ba and 5ba taps.
3 piece set of each, partial or singles and good used is fine.
Dan

the problem is the studs and bolts supplied with the kit are BA, they are many and specific to this kit.
there are a lot of small high crown bolts i would hesitate to try to replace with American.
thank you for your concern.
Dan

American Thread form is different than British Association Angles as well as root and crest of thread.

check Ebay, you may be able to get some from there. I got the ones I needed for my steam engine sent from Ebay and they were sent from England. Took a little while but it worked.

i have already been on ebay and am trying to find them on this side of the pond.
not looking for free or cheap just trying here first.
maybe a fellow member has duplicates or no longer needs them.
i am willing to pay what they are worth.
Dan

i went through ebay last night and purchased the taps i need, they should be here in about two weeks from Australia.
i will post photos and brief comment on arrival.
Dan

Problem is I think most of us that have the odd things like that use them thus we have to go over where they are plentiful just to get them, Or pay someone else to make or order them for us and we pay them.
Hope you got a decent deal. But if it get you out of a spot.

Surely there are American UNC/UNF threads that would be a close match ?

No. Although some of the diameters are the same or near enough, the pitches are almost always different enough between BA, BW, BSF and UNC/UNF. to not work.

Try "Coles Power Models" they used to carry many of them.

"Billy G"

Back