Broken reverse feed trip lever on the BP Sharp clone

I'm trying to figure out how that ball lever setup works. You have the threaded shaft at the top with a longated hole and so does the little pin next to it the ball lever goes in between these two components.
Why? To allow vertical movement? A cushion if you will?

I have no idea what that threaded thing with the two nuts is on top of yours... my guess is someone has done "something" there. Not the way my Bridgeport is. There should be a small plunger in there with nothing sticking up out of the housing.

The feed only trips out going down. When feeding up, when the top piece is reached, the ball lever reverses the movement to trip out the same as it does going in the down direction.

Look at pictures and parts breakdown drawings for Bridgeports and you'll see how mine is.

Ted

This is what a Bridgeport looks like:

BJ Pic.jpg

Ted

Ted,that’s exactly what I took apart.
Thanks for the pic.

Oh, now I see what you are talking about. I put a nut and bolt to push the pin down enough for me to thread the screw into the ball pivot. That’s my gadget.
The pic is a BP and or clone and that’s what I have with one exception. In your pic, the two balls on the ball pivot are two different sizes. As you can see, mine are the same size attached to the Allen screw.

Back