Broken tools/tooling

Out of the 20ish machines I got, only a handful are 3 phase. The big ENCO 2-S, the surface grinder, 2 punch/notch machines, and a couple extra motors. I really wasn't ready to pull the trigger on buying machines, since my pole barn project has stalled, but I know when you find a deal, you have to act fast. So I did! When it finally stops raining here in N Florida, I'll put up a thread with some good pictures of the haul. Right now I'm buried in work, and the 6 hour rain days have left me behind. We're going on 50 straight days of rain here, and 75 of the Last 80. The darn lawn guys complained I'm March that we were in a dry spell, so apparently God has a sense of humor. There might be 2 hours in a day when it's not raining, so virtually nothing gets done (except me, who's playing around with new toys).
Here's a picture of day 2 of my haul. The trailer is a 30' gooseneck, with a 35,000 GVWR, and 8 tires. It bagged my G rated tires...

Attachments

• IMG_3910~2.jpg
    IMG_3910~2.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 34
Out of the 20ish machines I got, only a handful are 3 phase. The big ENCO 2-S, the surface grinder, 2 punch/notch machines, and a couple extra motors. I really wasn't ready to pull the trigger on buying machines, since my pole barn project has stalled, but I know when you find a deal, you have to act fast. So I did! When it finally stops raining here in N Florida, I'll put up a thread with some good pictures of the haul. Right now I'm buried in work, and the 6 hour rain days have left me behind. We're going on 50 straight days of rain here, and 75 of the Last 80. The darn lawn guys complained I'm March that we were in a dry spell, so apparently God has a sense of humor. There might be 2 hours in a day when it's not raining, so virtually nothing gets done (except me, who's playing around with new toys).
Here's a picture of day 2 of my haul. The trailer is a 30' gooseneck, with a 35,000 GVWR, and 8 tires. It bagged my G rated tires...
Lotsa arn there. What you plan on doing with the punch presses?

wish you could send us a couple of weeks of rain. It’s not rained here since I think February:(

The 2 blue punch presses are available for purchase. I can't think of a need for myself, so if someone would be interested, feel free to make an offer. My shop is in 32250 for reference if whoever would like one wants/needs shipping. I can get more info on their specifics if needed tomorrow. They were part of the package deal, meaning I had to pay for them and get them out. I'd thought about bringing one inside to play with, but I'm also smart enough to realize that my fingers being attached to my hands are more important than learning a machine with a tendency of ripping off body parts....
I was gonna strip the important parts, and scrap the rest if I couldn't find a buyer

Idk if these help for identifying what they are. If you know how these operate, or are interested, let me know. I don't want to get sideways with anyone, so if it's against the rules to sell/trade let me know. I'll delete if necessary

Attachments

• 20210623_112112.jpg
    20210623_112112.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210623_112057.jpg
    20210623_112057.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210623_112133.jpg
    20210623_112133.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210623_112135.jpg
    20210623_112135.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 27
The 2 blue punch presses are available for purchase. I can't think of a need for myself, so if someone would be interested, feel free to make an offer. My shop is in 32250 for reference if whoever would like one wants/needs shipping. I can get more info on their specifics if needed tomorrow. They were part of the package deal, meaning I had to pay for them and get them out. I'd thought about bringing one inside to play with, but I'm also smart enough to realize that my fingers being attached to my hands are more important than learning a machine with a tendency of ripping off body parts....
I was gonna strip the important parts, and scrap the rest if I couldn't find a buyer
I contemplated the punch press for the forming stuff I do and like you I’m very leery of them and is way attached to my appendages. They just seem like barely controlled destruction to me. Luckily just what I needed showed up on the local CL and I turned away from the path. I was just curious what you were going to use them for. A good friends family did old time sheet metal forming for different manufacturers like Colman(stoves and lanterns etc) and he described using punch presses in the 40’s & 50’s. Long gone era.

Back