Brown and Sharp surface grinder - $550 Freeport NY

I'd consider it, but the US may close their borders to non US citizen's. The Canadian government just closed our borders to everyone, except Canadian citizens and naturalized Canadians, they are recommending no international travel,US citizens are exempt from the closure.
Further closures are still on the table.

Anybody who is in the market for his/her first surface grinder, and is looking at ANY used ones, should learn what to look for in a surface grinder. A lot of study is helpful, and bringing along an experienced grinder hand who understands what to look for is much better yet. Talk about the details of surface grinders while you drive together to look at them. If you buy one from the testament of the seller, you may very well end up with a ton of scrap iron and steel and a case of heartache, not a surface grinder. It is not the same as a lathe or a mill, or anything else, and correct knowledge is necessary to properly vet the grinder...

Having all the big stuff with motors, and slideways, and mag-chuck and all arrive from a sweet deal, leaving one with a project to upgrade the manual aspect is what they love. If you need to go straight for a thing with all axis power feeds + DRO, you are unlikely to get it at anything like $550.

I have one with full power feeds I would get rid of it for what I paid. $500. Surface grinders usually go pretty cheap compared to all other equipment. I have seen several very nice ones with auto feeds and drops for under $1000.

Back