Brown & Sharpe Micromaster 618 Surface Grinder - $850 (hayward / castro valley, CA)

Don't think it'll fit in a suit case, daughter is coming home in a week. Keep trying though :)

She needs a bigger suitcase Mike . That's a pretty attractive price . :)

Sounds good, too bad its a 3 drive for me.

1500 kms for me... Sigh

No mag chuck and you would probably faint when B&S quoted you a price on the valve part. If they even have the part?

If I had the room in my shop and $1500, I would consider buying a new import surface grinder similar to that pictured below. You can find some online which at least color match (aesthetics are important to me) to Precision Matthews machines.

If Precision Matthews ever comes out with a surface grinder, I will make room in the shop and find $1500.

9A2325B9-5C76-4842-8F4D-BFFDE80D3C3C.jpeg

Someone always has to pizz in the Cheerios.;)
WOW, I apologize, didn’t think it was going to butt hurt? Many times I see people selling their junk because it’s cost prohibitive and or time consuming and or beyond the knowledge for repair. The price for a good used surface grinder today has come way down from history. It’s not that hard to find a good run SG at a decent price. Maybe the little Sanford bench top is though.

Last edited:
WOW, I apologize, didn’t think it was going to butt hurt? My times I see people selling their junk because it’s cost prohibitive and or time consuming and or beyond the knowledge for repair. The price for a good used surface grinder today has come why down from history. It’s not that hard to find a good run SG at a decent price. Maybe the little Sanford bench top is though.

Relax, this is not PM, no need for an apology. I was just teasing you. Those were valid observations. I had not noticed it had no chuck.

Back