Brown & Sharpe positioner - $125 (Kelseyville, CA)

Eh, the table doesn't bother me very much as long as the mechanism is solid (for the right price of course:) ). It would be easy enough to machine the top down and make new 'pizza wedges' out of plate.

Unfortunately in this case its biggest problem is that it looks to be about a 12" rotary table. That just makes it basically unusable for a home-gamer.

I cannot see why a 12” rotary table is unsuitable for home use. My 12” Bridgeport brand table is just right...smaller would not be better. By the time the work is in place and fastened down, 12” does not seem big at all.

I cannot see why a 12” rotary table is unsuitable for home use. My 12” Bridgeport brand table is just right...smaller would not be better. By the time the work is in place and fastened down, 12” does not seem big at all.
Really? That seems bigger than my table! And isn't a 12" rotary table about 250 lbs?

One could add a well-tapped top plate and have a very usable rotary table but the price seems high for what it is today.

I have a 10" Yuasa RT for my drill mill only because it was a good deal because the guy was getting rid of it because it was too heavy for him. And it IS heavy but with a lift table it is a piece of cake. Winegrower is right, when you set work and then clamps my 10" seems dinky.

Plenty of hole locations to choose from, if you were to tap some for a top plate.

Back