Brown & Sharpe positioner - $125 (Kelseyville, CA)

ErichKeane, my 12” table weighs around 100 pounds. It’s not fun to lift, but I keep it on a cart and adjust the knee height to slide it on and off directly.

I think you need a bigger mill to go with your new 12” table. :)

ErichKeane, my 12” table weighs around 100 pounds. It’s not fun to lift, but I keep it on a cart and adjust the knee height to slide it on and off directly.

I think you need a bigger mill to go with your new 12” table. :)
Huh, interesting! The ones I see on craigslist all look pretty heavy. 100lbs isn't that bad.

I actually already have a pretty big mill...

The multiple "idiot tracks" don't bother me as much as the damaged tee slots. It all suggests very poor care, though it's pretty hard to hurt the mechanicals. Still a fair price for what it is. I'm also of the opinion that even a 10 in. is a little small. I'd consider making the drive if I wasn't on "house arrest".

When an apprentice would do this sort of stupid damage, Fred would make them stamp their initials next to it.

I find a 12" low profile Vertex at 183 lbs. (and $795).

What I like about it is that it has the power input shaft out the back end, if it was not broken in the slots, I'd consider it it is not far away from here; I'm under house arrest too! If I was younger and more ambitious I would buy it and make a new table for it.

I would like to use it for a welding positioner. Power it up and good to go.

My apologies, I think the 12” rotary table weighs more than 100 pounds, but I don’t know how much. I can lift it, barely, but I have superhuman strength. Sliding it from cart to table is the way to do it.

Back