Resolved Browser Partial Security Warning

wa5cab

Downloads Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
This question is directed only to users running Windows 10 and the current version of Firefox. If you are scrolled down the page a little, between the browser tabs and the upper Site tool bar is a browser tool bar with, at least on my machine, a white background. In the left middle would normally be a circle with ! inside it, a green lock icon, and the the URL to wherever you currently are. For me, on H-M only, the green lock is black with an orange triangle hiding the lower right corner, followed by the URL. Clicking on the lock icon pops up a box saying that the site is partially not secure. And some other things.

Does anyone else running Firefox and Win 10 see that?

In Firefox on Windows 10 on my Dell XPS laptop, here is what I see: (Yes, I get ads too, in order to support the forum)

1523975627034.png
1523975689654.png

1523975720787.png

Upvote 0
OK. You are getting the partial security warning, too. In the address field, click on the icon (black lock with superimposed yellow triangle) to the left of https://www,hobby-machinist etc. You should see a small info window pop up that among other things says "this connection is not secure". Look into the reason for that. I am not certain that is the reason why going to Conversations locks me out of the site for several hours or more but it at least shouldn't show that. If I log into the site to work on Categories of Resources/Downloads I get a green lock icon, which is OK. There are no photos on any of those screens. However, once I'm locked out of the basic site, I can't get to that, either, until the lock-out goes away.

Upvote 0
Back