Budget friendly Vidmar substitutes

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Index Card Cabinets. Picked these up a year ago at an estate sale. Decent 'ball' slides. definitely not on par with Vidmar type but they'll suffice.
PO had every drawer filled with coins. They were in a small room on the second floor and you could see that the floor was sagging and the walls were cracking behind them.
Kept four for the shop only had room for three - gave the rest away.
1101161333a_rc.jpg
1101161332_rc.jpg1101161332a_rc.jpg

I have a bunch of them in my shop, and they are great for storing tools and machine accessories; they will carry a lot of weight and still open and close easily, wish I had more of them. A great addition to them is to buy a label printer and label all the drawers as to contents the black on white tape shows up much more visibly than hand scrawled paper labels stuck in the all too small frames provided.

I purchased 7 of these cabinets several years ago from a local college auction. They are really tough cabinets. 100# ball bearing slides.

I cannot believe you "gave" those away while I have tools that are sitting out naked and homeless with their chrome plating exposed to the elements, fighting for their metallic lives, as innocent pawns in this game....
in my 72 deg shop....
with 30% humidity...
Shame...
Robert

I cannot believe you "gave" those away while I have tools that are sitting out naked and homeless with their chrome plating exposed to the elements, fighting for their metallic lives, as innocent pawns in this game....
in my 72 deg shop....
with 30% humidity...
Shame...
Robert
It was more a case of bartering actually.
Wait-a-minute~ 72° & 30% humidity? In January? I'm thinking climate controlled shop here. Anyone else? :grin:
Next time I see some popup over here I'll most certainly give a shout.
I've got (5) in the shop now. Just need to get them organized along with the rest of the shop.

Back