Building a Pulse EDM machine

Hey RR cool table of compatibility. Its huge.
Thanks

Just to be on the safe side I'd use epoxy resin rather than the polyester. My boat from the 60's has fibreglass fuel tanks, an testament to fibreglass.

Greg

Just to be on the safe side I'd use epoxy resin rather than the polyester. My boat from the 60's has fibreglass fuel tanks, an testament to fibreglass.

Greg
Dielectric fluid is pretty harmless, but I will probably use kerosene for the dielectric. I think the fiberglass will hold up to that.

Welcome back Mark! Great looking project so far!
Robert

I started working on the ram today.
leadscrew bearing.jpg
I made an aluminum block and bored each side for a ball bearing. This will hold the lead screw that moves the electrode up and down. It will mount to the aluminum bar that serves as the ram base.

ram parts.jpgThe drawer slide has been cut down to length and will also mount on the base bar. It now has 4 inches of travel. You can also see the brass lead screw nut in the photo.
threading leadscrew.jpg I am single point threading the 3/8-24 lead screw in the lathe to get a good fit on the brass nut. It cannot have any backlash.

GREAT TO KNOW ALL THE PRAYER'S WORKED, Your prior memo did not sound very promising, looking enthusiastically to your current project.

GREAT TO KNOW ALL THE PRAYER'S WORKED, Your prior memo did not sound very promising, looking enthusiastically to your current project.
Yes, I am pretty much back to normal (whatever that is). The infection is gone and my incision on my spine closed up completely about a week ago. The only problem or danger right now is the high risk of a major stroke, but I am not letting that hold me back.

Mark
It is wonderful to hear you so excited about the EDM. Looking forward to all the progress and how versatile it is to use. Keep the spirit and do not over do it, we want you around for many projects.
A Healthy Happy Project
Nelson

Mark I'm so happy for you and glad to see your jumping right into an awesome build.
Thank you GOD for answering our prayers for Mark AMEN. I'm looking forward to this they are Kool.

Back