Building my last shop

Making electrical progress! We have the lights hung, ceiling fan hung, compressor wired, and some outlets installed. Maybe another weeks worth of work and we will be done.
lights.jpg
lights2.jpg

Looking good. Hadn't thought about ceiling fans in the shop, but a great idea.

Got me thinking, we are looking at land that is inland from the coast and gets much warmer than we generally would like. Your ceiling fans got me thinking about a temp controlled with manual override attic fan at either end of the shop. Not only would they help get the heat out that rises and pull in fresh air, but would also be a great way to clear smoke and other fumes.

I had them it my last shop. Man what a difference. It really helped on hot days and also as you mentioned it helped the smoke and fumes dissipate the shop faster. I am hoping to use this fan to pull the heat down from the ceiling in the winter time.

I had them it my last shop. Man what a difference. It really helped on hot days and also as you mentioned it helped the smoke and fumes dissipate the shop faster. I am hoping to use this fan to pull the heat down from the ceiling in the winter time.
Not to mention keeping the air moving in the spring for evaporation (reduce condensation). I have 3 ceiling fans in my shop (32' x 40') that blow up in the winter. Switch them to blowing down in the spring/summer.

Bruce

Getting the air lines run. I made this basic air dryer to catch the moisture in the air before it goes to the air lines. Hot air hits the cool pipes and collects at the bottom where I have a ball valve to drain it.
air dryer.jpg

Almost done with the electrical. The electrician has a contract with the school system and they have been taking most of his time. We have maybe one full day of work left. In the mean time I decided to work on the front of the shop. My neighbor came over with his tractor. Getting it to final grade so I can bring in some stone and tamper it. Then get some concrete poured. Also start with the barrier block wall. Got the plumbing routed out beyond where the wall will be. Had to go 18" deep which is our frost line.
grading.jpg
plumbing.jpg

Looking good, you are definately in the home stretch now. Be nice to get the entrances prepped before the bad weather sets in.

That stone should compact very nicely. When I was a young pup, I worked at a rock crusher. We use to use 3/4 minus as a driveway/road bed, unless it was for heavier vehicles and then you would use 1-1/2" minus. The minus indicates that it is mixed with crushed rock down to 1/4". Packs real good and will make a asphalt like hard surface to drive on once it is compacted.

Are you going to be putting a slab for each of the roll up doors?

Back