Building my last shop

That stone should compact very nicely. When I was a young pup, I worked at a rock crusher. We use to use 3/4 minus as a driveway/road bed, unless it was for heavier vehicles and then you would use 1-1/2" minus. The minus indicates that it is mixed with crushed rock down to 1/4". Packs real good and will make a asphalt like hard surface to drive on once it is compacted.

Are you going to be putting a slab for each of the roll up doors?

Why do I call it 57 stone? That's all I've ever heard it called in construction.

The difference between #57 and 3/4" Minus or 1.5" Minus is that the small stones have been screened out of the #57, providing you with just the stone and very little that is smaller. By using material that is mixed from1/4" to 1.5" the smaller material locks the mix together and creates a great road base. I have notice watching construction videos on YouTube that in the East, it seems at least to me, that you use screened rock primarily while at least from my experience in the PNW or maybe just in the area on the coast where I grew up, I have see the mix used. I know that I delivered a ton of it for driveways and for logging roads.

I see you have what appears to be a 2 or 4 inch travel indicator. Reminds me, I need to get a replacement. I loaned mine out and it never came home.

Must be real nice to see your tools again. I am looking u forward to seeing mine again real soon.

Getting my totes unpacked today while waiting on a concrete contractor to show up. Found a home for my MT3 & MT4 drills. Sorry the picture wont rotate. Largest is a 2 incher.
View attachment 361967
Those mt3-4 drill bits are crazy expensive these days. I have a mt4 tail stock. I’ve only picked up a couple drills due to the high cost.
I’m waiting for an estate sale where I can steal some.
Looking good man.
Must be nice to have a neighbor that wants to have some seat time in his tractor on your lot!

Back