Building my last shop

Well the electrical is 99% done and passed final inspection today. Only thing left to do is we just have to do ceiling drops to my 3 phase machines.

Nice, so power to the machines is the last part. That should go very quickly, provided your electrician has the time.
Maybe 1/2 day left and you will be all powered up.

Well no work because we are waiting on materials. Hopefully the wire grips and twist lock receptacles will be in tomorrow and we can finish up with ceiling drops to the 3 phase machines. In the mean time I have been hanging cabinets, Built a table for the chop saw, hanging posters and getting stuff settled.
cabinets.jpg
chop saw.jpg
shop.jpg

Shop is looking great. First time I have seen drill charts framed. I like it.

Was thinking about the fans, talking with a buddy that just bought his retirement home in Idaho. He is into flying so bought a house in one of those fly parks where you have your own hanger and a common runway for all the homes. He installed one of these Big Ass Fans in his hanger. Says it will move some real air. Thing is 10 feet in diameter. They are available in sizes from 8 feet to 24 foot diameter.

If and when I ever get my shop, I think I will be doing the same thing.

A new shop is always a wonderful sight to behold! Yours looks great. Are those red objects hight on the wall fire bottles? Halon?

Halon has been scaled back for EPA reasons, still available, but not in production in accordance with a Montreal treaty, if I have it right.

Very sharp. What is the first project/job?
Robert

Are those red objects hight on the wall fire bottles? Halon?
They are automatic ABC fire extinguishers. They have a small glass vile at the bottom and when there is a fire the heat causes the glass to break and that activates the extinguisher. I have 6 of them placed around the shop. Even though it is a metal building and not much to burn I like the added safety.

Back