Building my last shop

I was actually able to walk through the yard and clean up downed branches and such without soaking my boots.
Yeah I got the apple trees trimmed up while the weather was decent.

:grin: If you want to see a ski resort without snow, be in Hawaii when it's in the 50s, Ski jackets everywhere....

I'm seeing some purple on the radar up in your area. How's it by you?
We got pretty well hammered. Basement is a flood zone. Coming in the NE corner and of course the drain is way over in the SW corner...
A previous owner had dug out and poured the basement by hand.
I don't think they owned level but at least the water is 'kind of' making it's way towards the drain.
I've been trying to figure out how best to put in a sump hole.

Stopped raining here for the moment. Rain gauge says 2" so far. Glad I got the gutters and piping down. That sucks your basement is a swimming pool.

So moved to our dream place and have to build a new shop. Bought a 40x60x14 red iron I beam building. Should have plenty of room coming from my old 850 sqft shop.
I will show the progress in this thread.
View attachment 305917
great view, will you have a monorail? here is my lil shop did it myself, cathead?

Attachments

• IMG_6663.JPG
    IMG_6663.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 29
Stopped raining here for the moment. Rain gauge says 2" so far. Glad I got the gutters and piping down. That sucks your basement is a swimming pool.
Was there any major run-off from the road?

Don't have a rain gauge, I really should get one, but the 5" tote I had by the pump house is filled up along with the firepit out back.
Airport reported over 4" for the last 24hrs.
Luckily no pooling to speak of, couple of inches in one low spot, but it comes in one end and flows to the other.
Unfortunately there is just a _few_ items in the path. Everything is up on 2x's or better, but I didn't plan it very well and they cause 'flow' problems.
Going to need to put in a sump hole, and I am so not looking forward to that endeavor.

Last edited:
Not sure about the run off from the road. I haven't been down there.

Back