Building my last shop

Looking great. Looks like all you need is the doors to dry you in. That puts you out of the influence of the weather and allows you to concentrate on the finish touches and moving in.

Congrats, this has been one heck of a project.

Wow! You started this thread in November, 2019! So it'll probably be right at a full year when you get the final inspection done. It's been wonderful following along. Best to you!

It will surely feel good to get this wrapped up and be able to use it. It would have drove me nuts seeing a partially build shop sitting out in the field from the house and unable to do anything about it.

Congrats on a battle well fought. You will no doubt have equipment inplace and be setting up the benches, wiring, air lines, etc by the end of the year. This will make for a very nice Christmas gift to yourself. After all you have been very good this year!

It was tough during those 5 months of rain to look at it and not being able to do anything. Weather has been great and I am ready to be done with this build.

Passed the insulation inspection today. Now to get the big doors installed and all the little stuff wrapped up so we can get the final inspection done and start moving in equipment.
An 'Insulation Inspection'? Alright, I'm curious, why do they do an insulation inspection?

Not sure. Maybe it is a metal building requirement?

Back