Building small vertical CNC mill

Mini Cooper S

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I do admire the ambition of anyone willing to put in the work on a project like this. Best of luck with it, looking forward to seeing it completed.

AZHTR

Registered
Registered
Ivan, your work is truly inspiring and appreciated. I’m close to you, maybe I can come by and see the project when it’s completed.

r3292c

Registered
Registered
The last video about building this CNC machine.
Milling head mount was fully re-built. New mount uses two carriages, what improves rigidity. I installed 30lbs gas lift spring to unload the vertical ballscrew.
In this video I cut aluminum with 6mm and 8mm end mills. In both cases N = 3000 rpm, feed F = 400mm/min. Depth of cut was 1mm without a problem. The milling head needs the be adjusted to a vertical position, and there are some other adjustments needed. But overall, the machine is built.

jwmelvin

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This is really neat. Thanks for sharing.

DavidR8

Soaking up knowledge!
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Awesome build and work!

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock