Building the Stevens Favorite

Thank you for the compliment David, I'm glad you are enjoying the build. I'll be focusing my full attention on drilling the barrel next and plan to continue the documentation, and maybe even shoot a video or two of some of the upcoming processes. There is still much to do.

Tom

Truly impressed and I envy you for being able to build his beautiful weapon...May I ask where your dimensions for his came from? Purchased, copied or yourself?

Truly impressed and I envy you for being able to build his beautiful weapon...May I ask where your dimensions for his came from? Purchased, copied or yourself?

Thanks.

The story is in the first post of the thread, but basically I borrowed a real Steven's Favorite and created a CAD model of it along with detail drawings. It's pretty true to the real thing with a few internal upgrades. There is also a link to the CAD model and one to a viewer that will allow you to open it.

Tom

I don't how I missed the backstory on this....but sure enough it was right where you said it would be...lmao

I will look at the cad link also.

I have been rebuilding firearms for a while and wanted to try my hand at building one from start to finish...

Iam quite sure that I am not up to your level of mastery. Thanks you for sharing...it is truly a piece of fine machining...artwork if I may...

To say that you are a true craftsman is a gross understatement!! Really enjoyed the article, cant wait to see the final product.

Thanks Scott, glad you are enjoying it.

Tom

Scott,

I've had a LOT of requests for drawings. What I'll likely do when the project is complete is write it all up with the pics along with a video or two, and offer that on disk with the drawings. Right now though the drawings are still in the prototype stage and have a way to go before they are suitable for someone else to build from.

Tom

That would be great Tom. I would surely be interested and by the following you have on this thread I would say you probably have hit it out of the park!!

Hi I'm a new comer to the site but I have to say your thread is quite impressive. Did you ever make the drawings available? I'd certainly like a set.

Back