Bummed Out Newb On My First Mill Purchase Gone Bad

Do you not know where he lives?
I think he, his wife and kid live in his business. Not sure, but it did look like it because there was a folding bed upstairs and a fridge and clothes in the office. I talked to a guy that has a unit next door and he told me that this guy made Thanksgiving dinner at his business with his family.

Even if I do get to meet up with him face to face to demand my money, he won't have it and will call the cops.
I live over an hour away, so my brother went over there a couple of times in the last month to try and tell him to contact me and this clown called the cops on my brother. Last week after going by the police dept. I went by the business looking for him and as I was talking to the guy in the next unit over, he saw me on his camera that he has in the front window (which I already knew about) and called the cops to tell them I was trying to break in! What a @#%&! This clown uses and abuses the system since he's all too familiar with it after being arrested multiple times.

Sorry to hear that.
I was hoping you would at least get your money back.

Ray

"... it would probably cost me as much to take him to court as what I'm owed..."

This simply isn't true. You can file a small claim, online, and take him to court without an attorney. But, still, you have taught yourself an expensive lesson.

This guy is a pro... a professional con man. Has no assets to sue for, cameras everywhere, knows he can call the cops over harassment... scum bag...

I second ezduzit, You can and should, sue him in small claims court.

I just got off the phone with a lawyer and he told me to see the state attorney and ask to file for a misdemeanor or 3rd degree felony. He called it "theft by deception". Then he told me to walk across the court complex to the county clerk and file in small claims court and after I eventually win a judgement, put a lien on him.

I think I'll let the "thief" know that I've had enough of his BS and will be taking it to the next level.

"I think I'll let the "thief" know that I've had enough of his BS and will be taking it to the next level."

Your attorney cannot have told you to do this. He gave you good advice--stick to that.

Yep, forget about telling him, he sounds like he'd counterclaim "harassment", just let the papers arrive on his desk - if he has a "business" then he may well have business assets, don't know how it goes in the US but in the UK court bailiffs will seize goods far in excess of the debt and auction them to be sure both the debt and fees are paid, anything left over goes to the debtor (not much, the auctioneers are interested in selling, not getting best price in bailiff auctions)- couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. Never know, if they seize and auction the mill you might get it for $10 at auction AND get your money back

Dave H. (the other one)

I would also contact zoning/code enforcement. He should be in violation by living in his business since it is not zoned for that.

Back