Bummed Out Newb On My First Mill Purchase Gone Bad

Courts love to see paperwork as evidence to support claims over someone just saying something to make a point.

Consider spending time today and tomorrow browsing craigslist and eBay and printing out comparable used mills with asking prices and current dates. Have 5 or 6 to hand over for the court official to see with you losing your property and asking for financial recovery. Lets them see what you are really talking about as well so they don't have to imagine what the situation was.

May not help but would be very handy to have that right there to show the point.

Yea, the courts are like other Gov things the more paperwork you can provide the better.
Good luck and if he does not show, all that will just help all the much more.

I got my receipts and printed up all the text convo between us and made a bullet point sheet of info for myself, etc.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow!

Good luck man what a friggin nightmare
Believe me it has been.......
What also makes me mad is that not only did he rip me off, then he has the nerve to go on FB and cry poor mouth and beg for household stuff from people in the local community, and people flood him with free stuff!

He is an expert at playing on peoples emotions, etc.
I was going to blast him on FB but he blocked me before I could.

We got people that do that on Facebook here they go on asking for free stuff with thier hardluck story people give em good stuff then they turn around and try and sell it

: toe tapping : waiting :

Surprise! Surprise! the guy actually showed up today for court( in his finest dirty t-shirt, shorts and sneakers )!

The court asked us to talk to a mediator in a side room before going infront of the judge. We sat down and the mediator explained his role and asked if we were willing to work things out. We both agreed and I briefly explained my side of things and how it all went down. When the mediator asked the guy that ripped me off what he had to say, he said "I'll make it easy, I owe him the money". I was a bit taken back and surprised by his candid straight to the point response. So we agreed that he would pay me the $500 he owes plus the $135 in fees that I paid the courts. He said he needed 2 weeks to get the money and I agreed. So, hopefully he pays up within the next 2 weeks. Otherwise, I just need to let the court know and they will award an instant judgement in my favor against him.

Hopefully he comes through, but not holding my breath..........

Back