Bummed Out Newb On My First Mill Purchase Gone Bad

In your area, don't forget the Tampa machinery auction. Call some machine shops or some of the manufacturing plants in the area. You might find something

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In your area, don't forget the Tampa machinery auction. Call some machine shops or some of the manufacturing plants in the area. You might find something

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about them.

A little update on this situation........

Of course this clown didn't show up to the courthouse last Monday to pay me. So I filed the paperwork to get my judgement finalized. I know the odds me getting my money isn't very good, but I'll make a few phone calls and such to the D.A. and his probation officer, etc. just to see what my options are and to try and make things hard for this jerk.

On a side note, I still have the 12 to 15 pieces of tooling (some new) that I received when I initially paid for the mill. I've been holding on to them so I could return them to him if he actually refunded me the full amount. Now I think I'll see about selling them to recoup some of my losses. Tomorrow I'll do some research to find out what these things are worth. If I can't figure it out I'll post up a couple pics and maybe you guys can tell me if they are worth anything or garbage.

Thanks!

A little update on this situation........

Of course this clown didn't show up to the courthouse last Monday to pay me. So I filed the paperwork to get my judgement finalized. I know the odds me getting my money isn't very good, but I'll make a few phone calls and such to the D.A. and his probation officer, etc. just to see what my options are and to try and make things hard for this jerk.

On a side note, I still have the 12 to 15 pieces of tooling (some new) that I received when I initially paid for the mill. I've been holding on to them so I could return them to him if he actually refunded me the full amount. Now I think I'll see about selling them to recoup some of my losses. Tomorrow I'll do some research to find out what these things are worth. If I can't figure it out I'll post up a couple pics and maybe you guys can tell me if they are worth anything or garbage.

Thanks!

Jeeez sorry to hear about this. If not done already you should do like the others said and call building code enforcement. As well, I would send a certified letter explaining what this character is doing to his P.O. so that she understands...but also send one to her boss and maybe another step above. Someone should flag his ads on Craigslist everyday for being fraudulent. EVERY single day. Think about this with your judgement that will keep him from buying anything like a house or a business without paying off the judgement. No one will lend to him with that hanging there. I see progress here in a way that might protect some other people and possibly already has on this board!

Rdrasher if you do happen to get a bridgeport I'm happy to help with as little as I know. lol

Paul

rdrasher: Wow, just read through this thread and I am feeling for you. My first thought after reading all this is that I am glad I have never tried to buy one of my machines from a private party. I'm fairly certain I would not have been anywhere near as civil as you have been though. I do hope that everything eventually works out for you! :)

Oh, and love the avatar. I played amateur road racer in my younger days out at Willow Springs in SoCal.

I once knew an accountant that was stiffed on his bill by a large landowner in his town. He took the guy to small claims court and won. Then the client pleaded poverty saying his cash flow was very low. Of course the accountant knew that was a lie. In addition to other assets, the guy was the secret owner of a strip club that was rather successful. But due to professional ethics he couldn't reveal any of this to the court. So the client was allowed to pay back $300 at the rate of $15 a month for twenty months.

Jeeez sorry to hear about this. If not done already you should do like the others said and call building code enforcement. As well, I would send a certified letter explaining what this character is doing to his P.O. so that she understands...but also send one to her boss and maybe another step above. Someone should flag his ads on Craigslist everyday for being fraudulent. EVERY single day. Think about this with your judgement that will keep him from buying anything like a house or a business without paying off the judgement. No one will lend to him with that hanging there. I see progress here in a way that might protect some other people and possibly already has on this board!

Rdrasher if you do happen to get a bridgeport I'm happy to help with as little as I know. lol

Paul
Yeah I'm going to try the P.O. again.
The Craigslist ad is down a while ago.
As far as property or anything in his name, he knows the system and doesn't put stuff in his name.....

rdrasher: Wow, just read through this thread and I am feeling for you. My first thought after reading all this is that I am glad I have never tried to buy one of my machines from a private party. I'm fairly certain I would not have been anywhere near as civil as you have been though. I do hope that everything eventually works out for you! :)

Oh, and love the avatar. I played amateur road racer in my younger days out at Willow Springs in SoCal.
I thought I was buying from a business, not an individual. Turns out the business was never registered with the state. Essentially a facade.

Gave up competition several years ago after breaking my back in 2 places. Now it's just track days for fun and showing my kids the fast way around as I pass them into the turn late breakin'. The old man ain't as slow as they think! lol

I once knew an accountant that was stiffed on his bill by a large landowner in his town. He took the guy to small claims court and won. Then the client pleaded poverty saying his cash flow was very low. Of course the accountant knew that was a lie. In addition to other assets, the guy was the secret owner of a strip club that was rather successful. But due to professional ethics he couldn't reveal any of this to the court. So the client was allowed to pay back $300 at the rate of $15 a month for twenty months.
I wish I could collect a little each month. At least it would be something..... lol

Last edited:
Here's some pics of the tooling I got when I purchased the mill. Most look to be new and the rest look to be lightly used. I took pics of the ones that have markings. Maybe you guys can help me out with values? Not worth much probably with my luck..... lol

Thanks in advance!

Back