Burgmaster OB oil seals

Not me but I do I have one that I'm planning on refurbishing someday so I'm interested in any feedback as well.

I changed a few of the spindle seals on my 1d. Had to use a piece of thin plastic to help get the seal to slide down the spindle. Haven't had any other leaks or issues yet.

Do you use it often? What type of oil are you using in the turret? Does it leak?
Sadly no. Always wanted one & happened to find one cheap locally. Brought it home, made sure it worked fine, bought a spare belt for it & has been sitting in the corner of the garage since. That was years ago. :D :(

The OB should take the same oil as the 1d . I use Miles Nimbus 320 in mine. I believe the manual calls for either Mobil Compound DD or Mobil Gear 632. Both are obsolete and were replaced with Mobil Gear 600 XP 320. Any ISO 320 gear oil should work fine

Sadly no. Always wanted one & happened to find one cheap locally. Brought it home, made sure it worked fine, bought a spare belt for it & has been sitting in the corner of the garage since. That was years ago. :D :(
Poor little guy. I’ll tell you what…I promise to give him a real good home and take care of him if you send him my way.

Back