Burke #4

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Well I've made the deal and going to get it Sat. (right Benny?) He sent me some more pics and the machine looks pretty nice.
Now to start collecting some tooling. Where does it all end?

Burke no.4 (2).JPG Burke no.4 (3).JPG Burke no.4 (4).JPG Burke no.4 (5).JPG Burke no.4 (6).JPG

That's a very nice, complete machine. I haven't seen a flat-belt version before.

Well I own it now, gonna set it up around noon today. Was wondering about capacities with this machine, as in cutter sizes, can I use a fly cutter or face mill, Max depth of cut with various cutters/material, any info in this area would be great.

Hey Charley,
I just wanted to congratulate you on your new toy. Looks like a VERY nice machine.
Bob

Thats a great looking machine. Let us know how well it works for you

Skip

Burke #4 finds a new freind

Charley scored again today. A small index head has made friends with his Burke and has moved in to live with it. A couple of pictures are attached of the head. The index head looks very much at home on the Burke.

Does anyone know what type head this is? It has one 48 tooth index plate and is direct indexing only. It appears to use the same collets as the Burke. I believe are 3C but some say 3SB on them and there are two different lengths in the ones he has. One of the longer was installed in the Burke when it arrived and the same length fits the index head.

Benny

Note:
Software would not let me post the pictures. I will try again in another post. Edit to add photos did not work!

Last edited:
Re: Burke #4 finds a new freind

Charley scored again today. A small index head has made friends with his Burke and has moved in to live with it. A couple of pictures are attached of the head. The index head looks very much at home on the Burke.

Does anyone know what type head this is? It has one 48 tooth index plate and is direct indexing only. It appears to use the same collets as the Burke. I believe are 3C but some say 3SB on them and there are two different lengths in the ones he has. One of the longer was installed in the Burke when it arrived and the same length fits the index head.

Benny

Note:
Software would not let me post the pictures. I will try again in another post. Edit to add photos did not work!

Thanks Benny, I just stood there and stared at it for a while:drool: Git them pictures up:whistle:

Back