Burke MVI Mill requesting help.

Mine is a bit jerky as well after I took it apart. I don’t know if readjusting the tension will make it smoother, I haven’t gotten around to trying that yet.

Mine is a bit jerky as well after I took it apart. I don’t know if readjusting the tension will make it smoother, I haven’t gotten around to trying that yet.

I do appreciate your response. Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing the jerkiness.

Not to change the subject, but... I'm new to posting photos on this site. I am noticing that my photos seem huge once posted. Is there something I should be doing to the jpg files before attaching them. I'm just trying to be a good poster.

DJ

You can resize before posting them so they are more web friendly. I use my iPad to take quick photos for posting and I had to downsize a photo when submitting somewhere and came across an action you can create that will make a button to create smaller version of a photo you took. Apple doesn’t seem to have an option for taking smaller photos, at least nothing I could find. For web use, something in the 1000-1500 pixels on the long end should be a good size.

My Samsung photo allows me to change the resolution of the photos I take, so if that is what you are using, you can change that for photos you are posting and then change it back if you want larger photos.

Since your Millrite is “new” to you, you might not have greased the bearings yet. I made an angled adapter that screws into the back of the quill to make greasing easier. It’s a 3/8” straight pipe thread to 1/8” NPT adapter I believe. Then I just screwed in a 1/8” NPT grease nipple elbow. I found the adapter and grease nipple at a local auto parts store.

Attachments

• 94F6515C-F32B-49B4-BA89-F22F3840C7E5.jpeg
    94F6515C-F32B-49B4-BA89-F22F3840C7E5.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 9
Since your Millrite is “new” to you, you might not have greased the bearings yet. I made an angled adapter that screws into the back of the quill to make greasing easier. It’s a 3/8” straight pipe thread to 1/8” NPT adapter I believe. Then I just screwed in a 1/8” NPT grease nipple elbow. I found the adapter and grease nipple at a local auto parts store.

Excellent !!! Thank you. I will get on that as soon as I get near a NAPA. Very much appreciated. I also talked with Chuck at DC Morrison. He will be checking his inventory and calling me back tomorrow.

DJ

Back