Burke slotting attachment !!!

Tool-in-the-Box

Active User
Registered
I can honestly say I didn't even know these existed until I found one. And I have seen my share of rare tools and then some. The only reference I could find on the net was the info pic below. Until I found that info I thought it was an aftermarket part like the one Marvin made for the Atlas horizontal mill. The last pic is a Burke milling attachment I got with it. It must be a first gen since its similar to the standard one you normally see. It also uses 3C collets and an arbor to run it (not pictured but have it). Enjoy!

BK1.JPGBK2.JPGBK3.jpgBK4.JPG

BK1.JPG BK2.JPG BK3.jpg BK4.JPG

Would that be like a cherrying head or is it just a straight up and down motion?
I used a Bridgeport cherrying head many years ago when making a compression mold for a torch handle.

John

Wow Jason!

That is AWESOME!! I have to stop by and use it ha hah..

I never even HEARD of such an accessory!

Bernie

Oh,man!! I had a #4 Burke back ij the 70's,and would have LOVED to have found a slotting attachment,or a vertical head for mine. Great find!!!!!!

Thanks. Its definitely a keeper. I'll try to post a video of it in action once I get a Burke set up and running. I am kicking myself in the ass for not keeping a Burke I had a few years ago. It was pristine and had the rare transmission motor with an actual stick shift on it. <sigh> -J

Just did a quick glance through that '80(?) catalog I've got (that I stiil have to get around to scanning...) and there is nothing
even remotely like that shown in it.

_Dan

Just did a quick glance through that '80(?) catalog I've got (that I stiil have to get around to scanning...) and there is nothing
even remotely like that shown in it.

_Dan

I got the picture on the web. Its from a book dated 1909. I am guessing it was only made for a few years. Nothing like a 100 year old tooling! The Burke it came with was a flat belt over head drive model, so that makes sense. That's also why the milling attachment is different then the more current one. -J

Back