Busy Bee Cx600 Oil Window

Garyg

Registered
Registered
The new mill I bought has what looks like a oil level window beside the high/low knob. There is nothing in the manual about this. My lathe has a similar window but you can change or add oil. Can you do this with the mill?

Hi Gary,

Interesting.....from what I've read the Busy Bee Cx600 is the same machine as the Grizzly G0704.
The weird thing is that the Busy Bee manual shows the window but does not discuss it; the Grizzly manual does not discuss it either, but some photos show the window some don't.

Sorry I cannot help. Good luck with your question.
-brino

I just purchased the CX-601, which is quite similar but larger in size. The oil window is present on my machine as well, but there is no oil in the head. The gear drive is greased with a medium/heavy grease. I suspect the same casting is used on a lathe or other machine which is oil filled, and so the hole is there and they simply fill it with a window regardless. If you want to confirm on your machine you'll need to pull the fine Z adjustment knob off, then the front cover. Behind the front cover you'll find a black cover with two phillips screws, removing this will allow you to see into the lower gearbox.

-Dave

Back