BUTTONS

epanzella

Active User
Registered
Not much of a machining project but I'm building a flatbed for my truck and need to locate some holes so I can finish it in my garage without it getting all rusty on my truck while the job is in progress. I tried to get my wife to help me with measurements but when it comes to mechanical things we just don't speak the same language. I made some buttons with the bottom diameter to match the hole and half the upper diameter milled off so I can hook a tape on it and hold the centerline.

DSC_0143.JPGDSC_0148.JPG

Nonsense, You had a need, made even more difficult due to spousal assistance, and figured out how to solve it and stay married too (I’m assuming). We all have experienced something similar. Very clever.

Nice work - now you just need to make a complete set for different diameter holes :cool:

Nice work - now you just need to make a complete set for different diameter holes :cool:
Or maybe a set of bushings for different size holes? Getting the initial done with the offsets was the hard part!

I find that when I make something for a future project that hasn't materialized yet, I end up not using it at all or losing it before I need it. It's pretty easy to make these so if I need a different size I'll just make them when I need them. Thx for the comments.
Ed P

"find a need and fill it" that was Henry Kaiser's motto, well done.

Back