BXA or CXA, Clausing Colchester 15 1971 Vintage

I found an Aloris, 5 piece starter set-CXA for $859
Phase II was only about $150 less, but it had one extra tool holder in the set.
Heck, for $150 I would rather have Aloris. You can always add extra used holders for $50-$75.

I run CA as I use the same holders on multiple lathes.
If starting new without my complication I'd likely run CXA.

Daryl
MN

Not sure on what you need for your lathe, but if you need a couple more cxa holders, I have these. No tool post, just these. Cant use them on my lathe. Just thought I'd throw it out there if your interested. No idea on what a fair price is. If interested, let me know and well figure something out.

CXA1 and a CXA13
The CXA1 has CW scribed in it lightly. They look to be in great shape. Couple of contact spots but pretty small. No idea what happened. I got them that way. CXA1 is missing the bolt/nut assembly.

20190115_111850.jpg

I have an extra Aloris CXA piston tool post.
She is missing the Aloris nameplate, but is in otherwise good used condition.
All the tool holders got sold off one by one.
I'd be happy to see her go.
I'm at UglydogLLC@gmail.com or 763-607-6836 if you want pics.

Do you have a mill?
Regardless of where you get your post you will want to make sure that the T-nut fits.
Easy enough to do if you have a mill, or have the tooling to do it on your lathe.
I may have a T-nut which fits as I have several extra in the pile. Or I could likely make one to fit your spec.
It may be the same as my 15" Clausing Colchester. However, mine is the 8000 series.

Last edited:
The center height (top of the compound to the lathe center) is , 1 7/8.
According to Aloris, I need a CXA.
Based on the measurements I took of the QCTP that came with the lathe, it is a BXA. It is stamped 250-222.

Dabbler, one of the moderators here at HM might be interested in the BXA holder.

Daryl
MN

Ive got the CXAs to fit Daryls post if you decide to go that way . Maybe 20 or so .

Here's what I have left . Not sure what Daryl has left , but ....always open for discussion as my large lathes are long gone ! :grin: April they move to the bay .

Pic 1 are CXAs
Pic 2 are CAs
Pic3 are DAs

IMG_9898.JPG

IMG_9899.JPG

IMG_9900.JPG

Check with the lathe owner if they are in fact BXAs . He's going to want to go bigger .

Back