California Members - Check In!

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Is everyone safe & sound and out of harm's way from the fires?

I haven't been able to really keep up with all the details but the fires are concerning, considering past years.

in Rohnert Park, south of the sonoma county fire ~15 miles - smoky air, but otherwise we are ok. A number of friends have been evacuated.

in Rohnert Park, south of the sonoma county fire ~15 miles - smoky air, but otherwise we are ok. A number of friends have been evacuated.
Is it headed your way? Be safe.

Plenty of smoke in Santa Cruz and Hollister where I work. Our place is just a few blocks from the ocean and a fire station is right around the corner so we should be safe.

Have friends in the mountains though and am definitely worried for them.

tjb; no, fortunately, the prevailing winds this time of year will keep it from getting much closer unless it jumps some large areas. Still, keeping our fingers crossed.

Reactions: tjb
St. Helena, just over the mountain from Santa Rosa area, had a bit of a scare, small fire started on our mountain range just south of us, they jumped right on it, put it out, all the other fires are on the other side of the valley, so far we are safe.

i have a local fire less than 6 miles from my house.
we are not in any real danger, the fire is burning towards the south, but still less than 20% contained

there is also a smaller fire to the north in Brentwood
that is the smaller zone outlined on the goggle map above

Winegrower is close to the fire in Grass Valley. Several of our members could be effected by all of the fires in Northern California. Hope all stay safe

Here in the Sacramento area there was plenty of smoke and hot weather, but no wild fires close nearby. Nearby towns like Vacaville (~45 miles away) had real worries and property damage.

Back