Calling All Members In Texas, Especially Those In Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Corpus Christi Areas

4GSR

Forum Guest
Register Today
A buddy and myself have been trying to help a lady in Shiner, Texas in selling her dad's small machine shop to settle the family estate. She has listed the machines in the "for sale" section of the Forum. If you have any questions or want more information about the machines feel free to send myself, or her, a personal message and we'll try to answer it. The pictures show the machines in pretty rough looking shape. That is from not using them for nearly 7 years. The building has deteriorated over the years allowing the elements take its toll on the machines. We did some cleaning and oiling to tame down most of the rust. We even got all of the slides freed up to move. Under all of the grime. crud, rust are some fairly nice machines with minor wear. They will require cleaning, removing rust from some of the bare metal surfaces. Some of the ways do have minor rust. A good oil stone and some mineral spirits will take care of that.
The prices she has listed is a starting point she wanted to start with. If interested in looking at any of them, please contact her for an appointment for viewing. I can give advice on the best way to get the machines out of the shop, since this will be the responsibility of the buyer. You will have to move and load the machines yourself.

EDIT: While you are in Shiner, take a tour of the brewery and get free samples of beer!

Thank you Ken, I greatly appreciate you and Rynn

For anyone interested I still have these machines available for sale

Clausing mill $1,100 obo
South bend lathe $650
Index mill $1,500 obo
Bridgeport $600
G&L grinder $250
B&S grinder $350
Sears atlas lathe $450 obo
Clausing lathe $2,600 obo
No. 3 Warner Swasey $550

Nice of you to help Ken, wished I was needing something.

You're welcome to come out and look around just for the pure fun of it :) There are many odds and ends out there besides just the machines. Ken and Rynn have been like little kids in a (run down) candy store lol

Do you have any pix of the grinders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I put you in touch with the Austin makerspace? They could use some larger manual machines.

Hello there, I'm in Houston. What size and vintage is the south bend? Thanks!

Britt

Back