Cameron Drill Press - This Week's Find

The tool likely belonged to a family member no longer around to set the price. That's what I want to think. The Same thing will happen at my house: Two Mills, Lathes, welders, blacksmith shop all complete with tooling and accessories $200.00 gets it all.... As for the speed reduction on your drill press I wouldn't touch a thing. Set it aside for drilling the small stuff. If you need a drill press get one, this is a sensitive tool perfect for small stuff. I'm sure any of us will help you with a bench drill press for this little gem.

Who knows how these people end up with this stuff? Judging by the rust on it, it had been quite a while since it was used.

I have plenty of other DPs, including two big ones that go to 8500 RPM. But this is the only one that fits on my office desk. Truth is I may never use it, but I like having it.
That HF control worked fine on the (even smaller) Covington DP that is going to my niece, so that worked out.

I have a Foredom setup with foot pedal. I'll try it next time I'm at the shop. I consider the HF foot pedal ($13.99) but I really wanted a constant speed controlled by a knob.

But I WOULD like a foot switch for my floor DPs.

I know this is an old post.. But how does one get 30,000 RPM from this beast?
What is the RPM of the motor?

Back