• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Can anyone identify the maker this very small cross slide?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

auto.pilot

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Like the title says, what do I have? I'm thinking of hanging it from the mirror in my car...

IMG_2544.jpg

Attachments

aametalmaster

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
Nice one...Bob

Tony Wells

Former Vice President - Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Administrator
Since I am designing a clockmakers lathe as a future project, could you take a few more shots of it from different angles? I'd appreciate it.

auto.pilot

Active User

Tony Wells

Former Vice President - Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, Jim. That's going to help quite a bit.

auto.pilot

Active User
No problem. If you need any more, or dimensions just reply here and I'll see it.

Thanks

Jim

Kingnothing71us

Swarf
Registered
I know this is a old post but it looks like it could be from a Lorch KD 50 Lathe, if you haven't already figured it out.

NEL957

Active User
Registered
Mr. Auto Pilot,
If you still have the cross slide and tool post, is there any way to get some additional pictures?
Very nice piece.
Nelson Collar

NEL957

Active User
Registered
Like the title says, what do I have? I'm thinking of hanging it from the mirror in my car...

View attachment 149500
Auto.pilot
I was just wondering if you received any info on your cross slide. I am going slowly into the clock or horology end of work. The cross slide is a home made piece, I would like to see some dimensions if you would.
Nelson

chips&more

Active User
Registered
Old thread with my three cents. Yes, it definitely looks homemade. If anyone is looking for a cross slide I would consider one of the three Levin versions, standard, standard 3 tear or the heavy duty. You want a nice smooth action when turning the handle(s). The Levins have ball bearing guided feed screws. I’m not that in love with how the cross slide is attached and referenced, however. But that is how it is. I’m also not a fan of the Unimat 3. But it’s carriage set-up is far more beneficial than a typical watchmaker lathe detachable cross slide. And that lathe can make small parts too…Dave

[6]
[5] [7]