Can anyone identify the maker this very small cross slide?

Mr. Auto Pilot,
If you still have the cross slide and tool post, is there any way to get some additional pictures?
Very nice piece.
Nelson Collar

Like the title says, what do I have? I'm thinking of hanging it from the mirror in my car...

View attachment 149500
Auto.pilot
I was just wondering if you received any info on your cross slide. I am going slowly into the clock or horology end of work. The cross slide is a home made piece, I would like to see some dimensions if you would.
Nelson

Old thread with my three cents. Yes, it definitely looks homemade. If anyone is looking for a cross slide I would consider one of the three Levin versions, standard, standard 3 tear or the heavy duty. You want a nice smooth action when turning the handle(s). The Levins have ball bearing guided feed screws. I’m not that in love with how the cross slide is attached and referenced, however. But that is how it is. I’m also not a fan of the Unimat 3. But it’s carriage set-up is far more beneficial than a typical watchmaker lathe detachable cross slide. And that lathe can make small parts too…Dave

Back